Thank you for continuing to be one of the ninety-one.
Ilsley Public Library has about 2400 Middlebury addresses where at least one person holds a library card, and 900 addresses outside Middlebury where people pay a fee for borrowing privileges. Of these households, a mere 91 are current members of The Friends of Ilsley Library. Yet it is through membership dollars that we are able to support many of the library’s programs. Our annual budget is close to $20,000, but the book sales raise only one quarter of that amount.
The Friends of the Ilsley Library is a 501(c)(3) non-profit; your membership contributions and donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent permitted by Federal Law.
As a member you can participate as much or a little as you wish in an organization that supports, with member efforts, member dollars, and funds raised from the monthly book sale, many different programs and projects.
Ways members can help if they wish:
- Sort donated books, set up, staff and/or take down the monthly book sale
- Assist with the organization of our annual library volunteers’ luncheon
- Contribute photographs of events we support for use on our website
- Advise on new approaches to fundraising
- Contribute ideas to the library for consideration
- Write reviews of books, new and old, for posting on our website or simply let us know what you are reading so we can share titles
- Raise our visibility by joining the library staff in the Memorial Day parade
- In ways of which we have not yet thought – be creative!
Membership levels – Join by using the “Donate” button below.
Membership: $5.00 – $24.00
Supporting Membership: $25.00 – $99.00
Sponsoring Membership: $100.00 – $249.00
Sustaining Membership: $250.00 and up
Print and fill out this form and mail it, with your check (tax deductible) payable to “Friends of the Ilsley Library”, or turn in the form with your check at the library’s circulation desk to renew your membership.
Friends of the Ilsley Library
75 Main Street
Middlebury, VT 05753
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!